521 Ridge Road
Offered at: 975,000
Lot Size: 30 Acres
Arguably one of the best views in the Finger Lakes! Contemporary farmhouse style home with over 5000 square feet on 30 spectacular acres with pond, pine groves, park-like grounds, rolling meadows and outbuildings.
A private estate setting taking in amazing views sweeping 7 miles up Cayuga Lake into the City of Ithaca with the campus of Ithaca College and the hills of Danby as the backdrop.
The southeast views are across the Town of Lansing, the bluffs of the east shore and then up the ridge to East Hill and Cornell University
The southwest view offers more lake views goings south along the west shore to the park lands on the southern shore and has stunning winter sunsets
Wonderful views are observed all 365 days of the year ranging from winter snow squalls clipping the lake, intense spring thunder storms, brilliant splashes of color in the fall, or the ever twinkling and glow of the city lights
Retreat from the everyday hustle and bustle and take in the sights from a 1200 square foot wraparound classic farmhouse style porch. Great for entertaining. Inside you will find open space, 24' ceilings in the living room and 82 windows throughout the house bringing in light from all directions. Spacious Woodmode kitchen with granite counters, walls of cabinetry, ceramic tiling and a huge center island. The kitchen opens to a semi octagonal shaped sitting room / dining room overlooking the property and views.
Main floor den with french doors and a wood burning fireplace just off the formal entry. Upper floor has an oversized master suite with jetted tub and walk in closet. Bonus room with oak parquet flooring doubles as a 2nd floor bedroom.
Walkout lower level with in floor radiant heat has additional bedrooms and a bath ideal for separation and privacy. Ideal for older children or visiting guests. Additional family room, also semi octagonal, overlooks property and steps out to patio area and grounds.
As spectacular as the views are the grounds. Accessed off the main road by a 1100' foot paved driveway, you will find 30 acres mixed with rolling lawns, rows of spruce trees, flower beds, fenced in garden space, woods and a 1 acre spring fed stocked pond with dock. For the hobbyist the grounds offer a great opportunity for orchards, gardens, nursery, vineyards, animals and more. To help service the grounds there is a 30 x 40 outbuilding with heat, power, water and garage doors at each end. Additional 1 garage garage down by the main road.
A true Finger Lakes gem thoughtfully designed, lovingly cared for, and ready for the next owner to enjoy all it can offer.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 full baths, 1 partial baths
- 5064 square feet
- Lot size 30 acres
- Built in 1995
- School District: Lansing
- Kitchen has granite counters, quality Woodmode cabinets, endless counters, wall of glass front cabinetry
- 23 x 15 master bedroom with private bath, views and walk in closet. Jetted tub
- 2 - 3 bedrooms on upper floor and 2 more on lower floor
- Formal living room currently used as an office
- Wood burning fireplace in living room / office
- Oak parquet flooring, ceramic tile, wall to wall carpeting
- Natural oak trim, wainscoting, oak staircase, solid oak doors
- Versatile family room space on all floors
- Walk in pantry off kitchen with laundry
- Additional open space outside lower level bedrooms
- 15 x 11 studio, craft room, office, etc off rear entry
- 3 car attached with insulated doors and additional garage door off the rear
- Semi octagonal room off kitchen facing south offers versatile use
- In floor radiant in lower level, hot water baseboard on upper floors
- Large fenced area located behind house with covered potting and utility area
- 30x40 building with heat, water, power and a garage door on each end
- 1100' paved driveway including a pulloff by the pond
- In addition to frontage on Ridge Road there is access off of Lakeview Drive and off of Sperry Lane
- Utility garage down by road
- 6 -8 acres of Blue Spruce
- Cedar siding
- 5 year old roof
- 1 mile to Lansing Schools
- 8 miles to City of Ithaca line
- 1.2 miles to lake access
MORE INFO at CAYUGAVIEWS.com
Return To Listings